No-one wants to miss a meeting or forget to do an important task. Using task and appointment alarm notifications, therefore, is a great way to ensure you stay on top of your agenda. But what do we mean by Notifications in Maximizer CRM?
Types of Notifications
When using the Hotlist and Calendar features, you can:
- Schedule alarms to remind you of upcoming appointments and tasks
- Notify other users of appointments in Maximizer CRM
- Schedule email reminders for appointments
The Notification “bell” indicates you have a task or appointment reminder. You can change the appearance of the alarms to display more prominent “toaster” pop-out style prompts. This blog will tell you how.
Setting up Toaster Notifications
Before Maximizer CRM users can make use of this feature, the Maximizer Administrator needs to activate it.
- From within Maximizer, click Administration > Notification Manager.
- Make sure Get Notification for All Alarms & Invitations is set to On.
- Click Alarm & Meeting Invitations to access the setup options.
- Enable the Toaster pop-up feature by making sure the Display this notification as a Toaster pop-up option is set to On.
- Additionally, you can optionally Keep the Toaster displayed until I close it and also play a sound when notification arrives.
- Click Back to save these settings.
You can enhance the notifications even further to ensure you don’t miss it. For example, if you are logged into Maximizer but do not have the page in focus (perhaps you’re working in Outlook or another program), you can enable browser notifications by doing the following:
- Click the alarm bell icon in the top right corner of Maximizer
- Then, click the cog/settings icon at the bottom
- Switch Enable Desktop Notification option to ‘on’ – at this point your web browser will ask to confirm this action, click Yes \ Allow
Watch our video tutorial to see how it’s done:
Toaster Alarm Pop-up
Maximizer’s Notification panel displays any overdue alarms and any new meeting invitations requiring responses.
When an alarm is due, the panel opens automatically. You can display the Notification panel at any time by clicking the alarm bell icon in the upper-right corner of the page. The alarm bell icon lets you see at a glance if there are any new or pending notifications that require your attention.
If the icon is displayed in a solid colour, it means there are notifications present. The number on the icon indicates the number of new notifications there are. When there are no notifications, the icon is displayed as an outline only.
Normally, the Notification panel remains hidden when you are working in Maximizer CRM. But you can pin the panel if you would like to keep the panel open at all times.
Using Alarm Notifications
From the Notification panel, you can view details of pending activities, complete activities, reschedule alarms, and open the activities to view or modify them. You can also respond to any meeting invitations in the panel.
When viewing upcoming alarms and invitations in the Notification panel, you can dismiss notifications to disable the alarm. This ensures that you are not notified about it again.
- Hover your mouse over a notification and click the Dismiss icon
- Alternatively, hover your mouse over the Alarms or Meeting Invitations heading and click the Dismiss All icon to dismiss all notifications displayed under that heading
Tip: Alarms are listed under the Alarms heading, and meeting invitations are listed under Meeting Invitations. You can click either heading to expand or hide the section.
You can reschedule the alarms from the notification panel, so they will reappear later. You can delay the alarm by a set number of minutes, hours, days, or weeks. For upcoming activities, you can also reschedule the alarm to go off a period of time before the activity is scheduled to start.
- To reschedule a single alarm, click the Alarm Notification (not the hyperlink) and select an amount of time by which to delay all alarms in the list, and click Snooze.
- To reschedule all Alarms, hover over the Alarms heading, select the drop down arrow and select an amount of time by which to delay all alarms in the list, and click Snooze All.
You can complete an appointment or task directly from the Notification panel. If you have overdue activities on past days, you can also complete all of these activities at once.
- To complete a single alarm, click the Alarm Notification (not the hyperlink) and select an amount of time by which to delay all alarms in the list, and click Complete.
- To complete all Alarms, hover over the Alarms heading, select the drop down arrow and select an amount of time by which to delay all alarms in the list, and click Complete All.
Respond to Meeting Invitations
You can respond to meeting invitations from other users in the notification panel. Your response is displayed in the Appointment’s dialog box.
Meeting invitations for past appointments are listed under Overdue. Meeting invitations for future appointments are listed under Upcoming.
- From the Response drop-down list, select your response (Accept, Tentative, Decline), and click OK.
Our next blog will instruct you on how to set up and configure Advanced Notifications.
Contact Support if you need any help setting up and using Task & Appointment Alarm Notifications: